An Epic Journey Toward a Fully Integrated Electronic Health Record
Lahey Health is committed to being on the forefront of healthcare technology with one goal in mind: providing the highest quality, safest patient care. Because of that commitment, we have implemented a new electronic health record (EHR) – Epic. We believe this new EHR will take us to the next level of care excellence in the communities we are privileged to serve.
At the end of March 2015, our first sites went live with the Epic EHR and all our planning and implementation efforts were a success. At that time, our care delivery was transformed and streamlined, allowing our healthcare providers to better manage your care with:
- one patient, one record
- one scheduling system
- 24/7 availability to patient records
- a single source of data for quality improvement and research.
Our EHR also provides you with an opportunity to play a more active, engaged role in your care – a proven factor in better outcomes:
- Access to your health information through a secure, online portal called My Lahey Chart
- Records from one Lahey facility are linked together so that the people providing your care can quickly access your records when you need services at any Lahey site.
Why are we implementing Epic?
Epic will transform the way we deliver care
The implementation of the Epic electronic health record is transforming the way care is delivered by integrating systems across Lahey Health, streamlining processes, and increasing efficiency. Our new electronic health record (EHR) will assist Lahey Health in building what’s next in health care and taking the health system to a new level of excellence in:
- Patient Care
Epic will enhance our patients' experiences of care across the health system
- Similar experience of care wherever patients are seen
- Patient safety
- Increased quality of care from improved continuity of care, and better integration of best practices and evidence-based medicine
- More thoroughly coordinated care planning
- Easier scheduling and simplified billing
- Empowered patients who can become directly involved in the management of their own health information and the services they receive from us via a secure online patient portal